makes aobut 3 dozen
- 1 container (15 oz., 425 g) ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (195 g) Welna Tempura Batter Mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cooking oil for frying
- Sifted powdered sugar or granulated sugar or cinnamon/sugar
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined. Add granulated sugar, Welna Tempura Batter Mix and salt. Beat on low speed until just combined. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 325ºF (160 ℃). Drop batter by well-rounded teaspoonfuls, four or five at a time. Cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove donuts with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
Cool down donuts completely.
- Shake donuts in a bag with powdered sugar (or granulated sugar or cinnamon/sugar mixture).