Tofu Steak Tempura with Spinach Basil Filling
Ingredients for 1 serving
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 15g (1.5tbsp)
- Ice cold water 24g (1.6tbsp)
- Firm Tofu 200g
- Spinach Basil Filling
- Spinach 50g
- Fresh basil 5g
- Almond 5g
- Garlic 1/4 tsp
- Parmesan cheese 1tsp
- Olive oil 1tsp
- Salt pinch
- Welna Tempura Batter Mix 5g(1/2 tbsp)
- String beans / Carrots (optional)
- Frying Oil as needed
- To make tempura batter combine Welna Tempura Batter Mix with cold water and mix till combined, do not over mix.
- Slice tofu to 4 slices (each about 1/2 inch thickness) and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a food processor combine all Spinach Basil Filling ingredient and pulse till pure.
- Spread pure on tofu and sandwich.
- Dust each tofu piece with Welna Tempura Batter Mix.
- Carefully coat tofu with tempura batter (made in step 1) .
- Fry tofu in 350 F oil till light gold.
- Serve with cooked sting beans and carrots.